2019 Soccer State Series Recommendations
2007.02. Regional & State Tournaments/Meets
(1) The assignment of officials to officiate a regional tournament or meet, as well as a state tournament or meet, will be made by the FHSAA Office. These assignments may or may not be made from the list of officials compiled by the association’s Recommendations Committee as required in s.2.1(2).
(2) The Recommendations Committee within each local officials’ association must compile and submit by the prescribed deadline to the FHSAA Office a list of member officials who deserve consideration for assignment to a regional tournament contest or state tournament contest.
2007.02.2 Criteria to be Followed in Making Assignments.
Those officials in each sport who have met the following criteria will be given priority consideration for selection to officiate State Series contests:
(1) Officials who are classified by
the FHSAA as Rank 1 or Rank 2 in the sport;
(2) Officials who have scored “75” or above on the FHSAA evaluation and rules examination;
(3) Officials who have completed a Training Session for the current year,
(4) Officials who were selected to officiate a district tournament contest,
(5) Officials who are recommended to the FHSAA Office by the local officials association to which they belong. (The FHSAA Office may request the local association to submit regular season evaluations for recommended officials.)
Per HSSOCF Bylaws, the Recommendation Committee have chosen the following criteria to be considered:
- HSSOCF State Series Interest form
- HSSOCF meeting attendance (minimum 3)
- HSSOCF Varsity game count (minimum 20)
- Assignment issues (turnbacks, tardiness, “no shows”, school-initiated blocks)
- HSSOCF ranking
This list of recommended officials must submitted to the FHSAA Offic
JANUARY 10 Recommendations Due (SC)
*Note: FHSAA want the referees with the highest proficiency points to be in the final four.
Committee may adjust the crews to give HSSOCF the best chance of a final four crew.